Re: Spring Prices New/Rebuilt

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Davis Martin <martin-davis@xxxx> wrote:

> amc74hornet <AMC74HORNET@xxxx> wrote:
> I took the orange Hornet to the spring shop my friend recomended this morning for a price on the rear spring job. The guy wanted 275$ to rebuild the original springs plus installation labor. ESPO lists new springs for 120-150$ for new ones. I told him so and he said that was a better price than he could get for new ones. He said he would install them for 150$ along with the new shocks and the new shackles with the urathane bushings I have. I figure this is a fair price as it is about a 2 hour job and that going rate for shop labor here in this area is 75$ per hour. I will also check on spring prices with Eaton/Detroit as they are an OEM spring supplyer. It looks like no matter how you play it the whole job is going to cost 500$. On Checking ESPO's spring prices, springs for a Gremlin go for 125-160$ were assprigs for a Hornet go for 120-150$. I would think the Gremlin springs would be a little cheaper?
> "Doc"
>
> Doc,
>
> mine were 160 they have a nice arch and are 5 leaf. I would buy them again.
>
> Davis
>
> Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

I am going to call Eaton/Detroit this morning for their spring prices and make my decision and order them. I am also going to check the shop that installed the new exhaust last fall as they do general auto repairs on a price to install the springs, bushings and new shocks.
I'd like to have this work done by the end of the month.
"Doc"