Re: Rear Spring Rebuilding Time

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Davis Martin <martin-davis@xxxx> wrote:

> amc74hornet <AMC74HORNET@xxxx> wrote:
> --- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Davis Martin <martin-davis@xxxx> wrote:
> > Doc,
> > I too got my stuff from espo. Why not get new springs from them? 160.00 to your door for HD 5 leafers. That's what I got for my gremmie along with the Pollys
> > Davis
>
> 30 years ago when my yellow Hornet was new I modifyed the factory springs to the way they are now. The length of the second leaf under the main eye leaf is longer than the heavy duty ones you can buy and gives less spring deflection. With the BFG's and the turbine wheels I will be close on body to tire clearance in the rear. Basically I am building the suspension to exactly match the yellow car, springs, shocks, tires, sway bar and bushings. I figure the price might be cheaper at the local shop and I can have things exactly made the way I want. My friend knows the owner and sends him a lot of work so he said he will call and tell him I am comeing and to take good care of me. Besides if I bought the springs from ESPO I would have to bring the car there anywhere to have them installed. I got to loook through my files and find out what rear shocks I used in the yellow car and have them installed along with the springs.
> "Doc"
> Gotcha Doc, I checked into having my springs done locally and I got prices of 300 to 500 bucks! CT sux sometimes. But I am very happy with the ones from espo. They make the car sit higher and I just added traction bars.
>
> Davis
>

> Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

Like I said I got one good Concord rear spring. If for some reason the price of makeing my springs to my spec's is too high I will concider ordering the springs from ESPO or Eaton. But for now I will just order the shackles and bushings to have them in my hand when I go for the estimate. I will be haveing the estimate done this week and if all goes well i'll have the job done one way or the other the last week in the month. I'm going to order the new shocks today.
"Doc"