th400 into my 74. help????

Ok heres the scoop My buddies got a th 400 out of a cj that had
qaudra-trac. He swapped out the shaft to run a dana 20 t case so its
set up right now just like it came out of a waggoneer.

That being said I have a viable tranny canidate to replace my 904 in
my 401 gremmy.

What I need to know is what other components do I need? I know I
need a tailshaft off a GM car but what years did they come in?

Also my 401 was originaly mated to a th400 in the jeep I yanked it
out of. So I have the correct flexplate already and now I need a
tourqe convertor. Anyone have pics of a th400 attched to the
crossmember?

Any suggestions on a little higher stall than what the car had
stock? Do I need to mess with the speedo cable? Whats involved in
that?

Fill me in on the details. Im really in the dark right now with the
swap.