Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Column vs. Floor Shifter

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Column vs. Floor Shifter

Title: Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Column vs. Floor Shifter
I've seen quite a few Eagles with the tilt column, and they are all floorshift, whether automatic or manual. It should work in a Gremlin. At least I've never seen a column shift Eagle.
I think the auto floorshift looks more silly than sporty--little stubby lever and way too far forward to be comfortable to use while actually driving.Manuals are much better. My Eagle manual lever is angled so that the knob is just right in front of the seat.
Onree

on 5/5/04 4:01 AM, amc74hornet at AMC74HORNET@xxxx did write:

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Plumpy72@xxxx wrote:
> I think I may have pulled the tilt column out of a Spirit. However, I had
> owned a Gremlin about 22 years ago with tilt. It was in it when I got the car so
> I don't know for sure if it was an option or not. Regardless, it sure was nice
> to have. That's why I wanted a tilt in the one I have now.
>
> Rick

They might have made tilt column's available after the Hornet name was dropped and changed and tried to market the the gussied up Hornet now Concord as a luxury car and offered them in all the other cars too.
"Doc"

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor   ADVERTISEMENT