Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Spring Measurements & Interpretation

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Spring Measurements & Interpretation

The spring size may all be the same but they are designed to compress
at different rates depending on the car weight. Also springs compresss
differently . Some compress at a steady rate as others the more they are
compressed the more they resist compression. Changeing AMC springs is a
pain in the A$$
even with the propper spring compressor, I have one and is dangerous.
The old mechanic at the AMC dealer where I worked at 33 years ago was
blind in one eye because a spring came out and hit him in the head. I
know you are on a budget Lu but in my opinion pop for the propper V8
springs and be done with it. Just my 2 cents. My motto is "Do It Once,
Do It Right The First Time & Forget About It"
"Doc"

--- Begin Message --- Here are the results of my research on spring height differences:

AMC 6 cylinder:
Height: 14.7"
Width:   6 3/4"
Coil Wire Diam: 5/8"

AMC V8 from a Gremlin:
Height: 14.5"
Width:   6 3/4"
Coil Wire Diam: 5/8"

AMC V8 from a Matador:
Height: 15"
Width:   6 3/4"
Coil Wire Diam: 5/8"

Conclusion: No significant differences in these front springs. Can I
hear an Amen?
-Lu-

--- End Message ---