Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Crank Shaft pulley

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Crank Shaft pulley

This isn't about Gremlins but I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of the crank shaft pulley shearing off. I was coming home from work today and the one on my Cougar actually shared off and left me stranded. In case I got something wrong that is the pulley that comes out of the engine and causes every thing else to turn. It has been doing fine but when I pulled out of the driveway this morning I thought it was the muffler at speed it was fine. This evening I thought it wasn'tthe muffler but the power steering unit since it made a noise when I turned the wheel. I slowed down in traffic and I heard a bang and all the lightscame on. I thought the water pump gave out. I was surprised as hell when Isaw this pulley laying there. I had a new engine put into thing in September and I have 3 year warranty on this thing so I had it tolled to that garage. He said he never had seen it happen either. I don't know but this cars looks good but it has given be fits ever since I owned it. I had an 87 Cougar that I loved so when my son decided he didn't like the way it looked andthought a tree looked better sticking out the rear end of it I didn't givea second thought about buying another one but I sure not happy with it. You would think with a new engine you wouldn't be having these problems. At least I won't have to pay.  I just know I have fooled with old cars allmy life and have never seen this I was wondering if anyone else had.
Terry