Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: New Steering Linkage con't

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: New Steering Linkage con't

I get my AMC parts from a local parts store. I have delt with them for
years. They have 2 stores, one 10 min. from where I live and another one
20 miles north of me. I don't like dealing with chain stores. The chain
stores usually have people that don't know how to find anything if it is
not listed in their computer. The art of cross referencing a part or
checking more than one supplyer is not done at the chain stores. The
only parts that the local guy couldn't get for me was the brake rotors &
wiper motor for my son's 72 Javelin. My son got the rotors from Kennedy
and the calipers from some place in Florida. When I got the estimate for
all the parts it also listed 4 different warehouses that had the parts
as one did not have everything. see if you get that kind of service out
of one of them chain stores.
"Doc"

--- Begin Message ---
Lu,
I also use APD and have found their parts to be of quality. I also use my local guys but they have been a bit sparse on the parts for my Gremlin and javelin. Blaser Auto is also a good place to check if you can't find a part .

lumina333 <lumina3@xxxx> wrote:
I don't think I qualify for a mechanic's discount. I compared prices
w/o adding tax (local). Shipping will run apx. $15...I saved more
than that on 2 items. I paid $266.50 for the following items +
shipping: Pitman arm $45, Idler Arm $42, Inner tie rod $25 (x2),
Outer tie rod $15(x2), Lower ball joint $19(x2), Upper ball joint $19
(x2), coolant sticker $2.50, alignment sticker $2.50, exhaust
emission maint. sticker $3.50. Our state sales tax is 10%, so I would
have paid $25 tax on the items which was less than shipping, IF the
item prices were identical.
I called them back and added Upper A-arm bushing kit $16 (x2), jouce
bumpers $9 (x2), and front spring cushion $10 (x2) which added $70
more, so I guess I am over $300 now for the front end. Some items
were a couple of dollars over local, but I ordered everything from
one place. It turned out to be the best deal for me personally. Now
when the parts get here, I will decide if I bought good quality. Will
let you know. -Lu-
******************************
> Thanks for the site Lu. I just checked it out and will add up the
price of the parts. I may just call them for a price quote with
shipping. The prices you got localy were they with a mechanic's
discount and with tax? Some times shipping can make an attractive
deal add up to what you would pay locally for somthing. Since I don't
pay tax and get a mechanic's discount if the total is close between
the 2 places i'll buy everything at my local auto parts store. These
guys have gone out of there way to get me parts for my AMC's for 19
years and I always try to support places that go the extra mile for
me.
> "Doc"

--0-1785394215-1082635553=:6361

<DIV>Lu,</DIV>
<DIV>I also use APD and have found their parts to be of&nbsp;quality. I also use my local guys but they have been a bit sparse on the parts for my Gremlin and javelin. Blaser Auto is also a good place to check if you can't find a part .<BR><BR><B><I>lumina333 &lt;lumina3@xxxx&gt;</I></B> wrote:</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid"><TT>I don't think I qualify for a mechanic's discount. I compared prices <BR>w/o adding tax (local). Shipping will run apx. $15...I saved more <BR>than that on 2 items. I paid $266.50 for the following items + <BR>shipping: Pitman arm $45, Idler Arm $42, Inner tie rod $25 (x2), <BR>Outer tie rod $15(x2), Lower ball joint $19(x2), Upper ball joint $19 <BR>(x2), coolant sticker $2.50, alignment sticker $2.50, exhaust <BR>emission maint. sticker $3.50. Our state sales tax is 10%, so I would <BR>have paid $25 tax on the items which was less than shipping, IF the <BR>item prices were identical.<BR>I called them back and added Upper A-arm bushing kit $16 (x2), jouce <BR>bumpers $9 (x2), and front spring cushion $10 (x2) which added $70 <BR>more, so I guess I am over $300 now for the front end. Some items <BR>were a couple of dollars over local, but I ordered everything from <BR>one
place.
It turned out to be the best deal for me personally. Now <BR>when the parts get here, I will decide if I bought good quality. Will <BR>let you know. -Lu-<BR>******************************<BR>&gt; Thanks for the site Lu. I just checked it out and will add up the <BR>price of the parts. I may just call them for a price quote with <BR>shipping. The prices you got localy were they with a mechanic's <BR>discount and with tax? Some times shipping can make an attractive <BR>deal add up to what you would pay locally for somthing. Since I don't <BR>pay tax and get a mechanic's discount if the total is close between <BR>the 2 places i'll buy everything at my local auto parts store. These <BR>guys have gone out of there way to get me parts for my AMC's for 19 <BR>years and I always try to support places that go the extra mile for <BR>me.<BR>&gt; "Doc"<BR><BR></TT></BLOCKQUOTE><p>
Yahoo! Photos: <a href="http://pa.yahoo.com/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=23765/*http://photos.yahoo.c
om/ph/print_splash">High-quality 4x6 digital prints for 25¢</a>

--0-1785394215-1082635553=:6361--

--- End Message ---