Re: [BaadAssGremlins] New Steering Linkage

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] New Steering Linkage

Exactly what did you get for the 200$? All these front end parts are
still available from your local auto parts store and are made by Moog. I
just got a price this morning of 411.60$ for upper and lower ball joints
for both sides, inner and outer tie rod ends for both sides with new
adjuster sleves, along wth an ideler arm and a pitman arm. This price is
mechanic's discount and no tax. I will probably add upper and lower
control arm bushings and new shocks while it is apart.
"Doc"

--- Begin Message --- I have decided to replace the steering linkage in the Gremlin. All
the ball joints appear to be worn out, and the tie rods are in sad
shape as well. I ordered all new parts from a place called "American
Parts Depot out of Ohio. The man on the phone stated that he had been
selling AMC parts for 15 years, had 200 parts cars, and got most of
his new parts from the same companies that manufactured them
originally for AMC. His prices were competitive also (I shopped
around for best prices). I also ordered front suspension parts and a
couple of reproduction stickers for the engine bay - thought this
would be a nice finishing touch. I figure that the $200 will be well-
spent money knowing my front end is in excellent condition. Not to
mention how difficult it would be to work on this area of the car
after the engine has been installed. Time to get busy! -Lu-

--- End Message ---