Re: Going To Be 85 Degrees Here Today

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Plumpy72@xxxx wrote:
> I attended a local cruise night on Saturday and was surprised to see someone
> had actually brought an AMC..........it was a Spirit. No one was standing near
> the car to claim ownership so I kept an eye on it while I walked around.
> Finally, I noticed the hood was up so I made my way in the general direction. When
> I looked down, I noticed it had a small block Chevy. I wasn't real crazy
> about his choice but I understood his choice since the AMC V8's are so hard to
> find in this area.
>
> I spoke with him for a while. His eyes lit up when I told him I was building
> a 72 Gremlin. He said he had built one back when he worked for a local AMC
> dealership. It's always nice being able to bench race with someone familiar with
> AMC's.
>
> Today was a good AMC day. I finally finished crating the glass for shipment
> to Pro Glass. I'll take it to the truck lines tomorrow. Hopefully, it will get
> there without anything broken.
>
> Doc......did you try the PC-7 on a piece of vinyl yet? If it works I'll have
> to find me some.
>
> Rick

That's JB Weld I am going to try on the vinal plastic. I haven't tried it yet. Maybe today or definately tomorrow. Today I am going to install my new fuel pump and free up the heat rizer. The fuel pump is just preventative maintainance. Winter came to fast for me to free up the heat rizer late last fall. Tomorrow through friday it is going to rain. So I will finish up my choke cable bracket and get back to work on the dash. I needed a break from the dash work. I have to order me more SEM today from Eastwood. Never got to order the Billit knobs and stuff from Ron Francis Wireing so I will do that also. It was a very busy day for me yesterday. I think I over did it a bit. I picked the wife up from work and headed down to the cruise. The cruise is half way between where we live and where my wife works on the same road. There was a real good turn out. My friend showed up with his 68 Javelin and I had the new Hornet. As usual the Hornet got it's fair share of owww's and ahaa's and the "I haven't seen one of these in years" There was some really sharp cars there. Some one driveing a Ventura (Nova) tried to tell me about AMC's. After nicely explaining to him where he was misinformed (my wife taught me to say misinformed instead of your wrong or stupid) and explaining that I have driven these cars and repaired them since 1962 and even did a short stint as an AMC dealer mechanic, he said goodby and walked away. 2 guys were haveing a discussion as to weather the Hornet was a 74 or 75 while my wife was sitting in it. She told them it was a 74 and the reason for the 75 grill. They were dumb founded that she knew all this. I also ran into a older woman who was facinated by the Hornet. It turns out ahe worked for the AMC Zone office which was not to far from where my wie now works. Her son was with her and he was a big AMC fan too. He remenbered seeing my son's Javelin at a cruise 2 years earlier. This woman was not just a pencil pusher, she really knew her AMC's. They were at some show and looking at a 70 Donahue and the owner let the son sit in the car since he had a new one years ago and he heard his mother trying to buy the car!!!! All in all it was a really nice night except for the stop and go traffic the 5 miles home as there was an accident.
"Doc"