The price of Modern Auto Repairs

I don't think I could afford to drive one of these modern cars with the cost of repairs to them. By the time I junk my Malibu in 1-2 years I will have the new Hornet in perfect mechanical shape to become my daily driver. I almost have the manual choke bracket finished and I think I will get me a carb kit while I am out today and rebuild the carb Lu sent me and install it when I put the manual choke in it this weekend. Rebuilt carbs go for from 129$ + shipping and core charges mail order to 179$ locally + tax and a core charge. The mail order may seem cheaper but with shipping there is not much difference than getting it locally and also they decide if your core is exceptable.
"Doc"