Re: JB Weld / I tried It Yesterday

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Plumpy72@xxxx wrote:
> In a message dated 4/14/2004 5:33:04 AM Central Daylight Time,
> AMC74HORNET@xxxx writes:
> The kick panel is made out of soft plastic. I have
> a mint black set out of a Gremlin that I am going to use in the new
> Hornet so if the JB dosent work it's no big deal and I will toss the
> part, if it does i'll keep it and give it to anyone who needs one.
> Hey Doc
>
> Let us know how it goes with the kick panels. I believe they are made of
> vinyl. Its the same as the pieces I tried to repair with the epoxy.
>
> Rick

It appears that my post sent from my E-Mail addy got lost or will show up later. Anyhow I believe the kick panel is made of the same soft plastic as the rear panels you tried the Plastic Welding System on. I'll try the JB Weld on the kick panel I have here this weekend. One trick I used in the past to keep the flange on the end of the package tray from cracking where the screws go through is to pop rivet a piece of sheet metal there and drill the mounting holes through it. Depending on the test of the JB Weld I may just glue a piece on without the pop rivets.
"Doc"