Re: FINDING a "slew" of Gremlin slot cars on th' 'Bay... How-to FAQ

 From: harold losey <strlcuckoo_46@xxxx>
Subject: Re: Slew of good Gremlin < slot cars > on
Ebay recently...

Where do you see these Gremlins? I look in the
"diecast" section all
the time and have found only one so far (got it from
denmark).

============================
There's your problem! You can't limit your search to
the "diecast" area of Ebay, use under GENERAL only, as
these cars are PLASTIC, not diecast metal. And even
so, many sellers don't know Diecast from Molded, so
you shouldn't assume all sellers will list their cars
under Diecast. My preferred Search parameters are "
Gremlin slot car " or " Tyco Gremlin ", you can use
other more descriptive terms to narrow it down some
like Shamrock or Super. Also, you should check off the
box to search in the main description, too, NOT just
the Subject line or Title line. Many people don't put
those key words in the Subject line, you need to
search the WHOLE auction listing words in case they
didn't put them in the Subject / Title line . Just
look under "search" word box, underneath is a box to
check for searching Title AND Descriptions, you need
to ALWAYS check that box! Always. Or you'll just miss
too many auctions without doing so.

Other Gremlin add-on terms to search on are :

-Mini Lindy ( also an AMX is done by Lindy )

-Open Fire ( preferrably in quotes, as there are alot
of military items that mention Open and Fire in the
descriptions, and you'll get avalanched with non-AMC
auctions) also alternatively with Open Fire use HW or
Hotwheels or Hot Wheels or Redline to narrow the
search for this elusive 6-wheeled Gremlin

-Parma womp womp ( 1/32nd Gremlin slot car, dirt
track )

-Rough Rider ( rare Gremlin slot car, red and white
dirt track)( again, in quotes, with slot car in search
terms, LOADS of Western auctions with Rough Rider in
them, LOL )

-Simms ( Plastic Gremlin car, about 9 inches long, I
still don't have one of these )

-Playwheels ( smaller 5-inch plastic Gremlin car, I
just got one, didn't know they existed 'til a few
weeks ago, now I do. Good detailing, early 70-73 style
body )

-Tonka ( bright BBG color, haven't seen many for sale
lately, though )

-MPT plastic kit ( Gremlin 1/25th plastic model kits,
again you'll never find these under Diecast searches.
)

-Polistil ( Italian 1/43rd Gremlin DIECAST, NICE
detailing ), expensive though.

-And of course, the usual diecasts ; the Grinder,
Greased Gremlin, Herfy's. j

I think that about covers my current knowledge of
Gremlins, both plastic and diecast. DON'T limit your
search to the Diecasts section unless all you want is
metal cars. You'll be missing out. Tonka Gremlins are
metal, but not diecast. The trick in searching is to
"spot target" your searchs, by using the Tonka or Mini
Lindy or Polistil terms in with Gremlin. Gotta
remember that the people who list these for auction
may not know what they have, and are clueless as to
their "proper" description. LOL. You can always
narrow your search later, but if you restrict it up
front, you won't find much except from experienced and
knowledgeable sellers, and we all know they're not the
predominant ones on Ebay. :)
Ok, those are my hints, good luck and good hunting!
Open, FIRE! on those AMC Gremlin auctions! Charge! LOL

Jerry Casper
been there, searched that, and bought a few things...