Re: Torque Converters, Shift Kits, & Money...Oh My!

Re: Torque Converters, Shift Kits, & Money...Oh My!

 Hey Lu, The torque converter selection is a very complicated
process. What works for some engine/tranny/chasis combinations that
seem similar to your car may be totally different from your needs.
There is a great article from TCI Racing that explains all the
variables involved, rpm and engine torque, weight,resistance to
movement of drive train etc. There Web site is tciauto.com/tech-
info/torqueconverters-explained.htm This article is may give you
some insight as to what direction to go in making the right selection.

-- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "lumina333" <lumina3@xxxx>
wrote:
> Thank you all for the info, opinions, and ideas. I looked through
the
> Jeg's Catalog last night and realize that the $200 price range is
not
> very realistic. There seems to be many different sizes and
> applications for these items, so I better decide what I want to do
> with this pony and save up some money to do it correctly.
> By the way, I have decided to trade the 232 to the junkyard for a
> pair of front springs out of the Matador that the 360 originally
came
> out of. The yard owner agreed to this trade. I'm happy with that. -
Lu-