Pinch'd My Penny's In The Past, Now It's My Turn

Pinch'd My Penny's In The Past, Now It's My Turn

April 12th I will be married 35 years. I have 3 grown kids. My daughters
33, my next son is going to be 28 this month and the youngest son is 25.
Dureing the time my kids were growing up I usually had 2 jobs and fixed
cars on the side also. I either went without or bought second best for
myself. I took one vacation in the first 16 years we were married
because I could get my vacation pay and work and get paid too. At age 42
I became disabled and lost every penny I had and was forced to go on
welfare and be humiliated for almost 3 years while I fought for my SS
Disability and finally won it. I'm 57 now and in poor health so now it's
time for ME after doing for everybody all these years. The wife works, I
take care of the family errands, I grocery shop, cook and am Mr. Mom
here. And still take care of everybody here. My 2 sons still live at
home. If I see somthing I want like the new Hornet and can afford it I
buy it. I have no new car payments, I owe a few hundred dollars on my
cretit cards mainly due to the 500$ I have had to pay out of pocket in
the last 6 weeks for medication. After driveing GM's as beaters since
1979 I decided to get another AMC as a driver not a beater for when my
old Malibu bites the dust. That is what the new Hornet is going to be,
my new driver. I figure all the mechanical repairs and the new interior
includeing the price of the car I will have spent 3,000$ where can you
get a nice driver for 3,000$ ? You can't even get a decent 4-5 year old
Ricer for that. And if I get the money I expect from a court case that
is pending I will have the little dings and dents taken out and a new
paint job and some nice new rechromed bumoers put on it too. Figure
another 2,500-3,000$ for that. So I paid my dues and have my hobby too
now. So that is where I spent my 2 cents and will spend more when I can
afford it. It also helps that I still can do most of my own work with
the help of my youngest son and an AMC friend who is also a mechanic.
"Doc"

--- Begin Message --- Very funny you GUYZZZZZZ! As a female (and wife)...I can understand
not sacrificing the family budget for HOBBIES. Even if your hobby IS
your obsession (what ever happened to romance?). My priorities are
still with my family's needs before the old car. Sorry if this
offends you boyz, but the family comes first. Parts will always be
there and can wait, my son's needs won't wait. MY 2 CENTS....pinching
them here! ;-) -Lu-