Re: [BaadAssGremlins] More Progress - Offering Engine

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] More Progress - Offering Engine

You been a busy busy person I see. Send some of that warm weather up
here to me it's cold, damp and we have a forcast of snow flurries here
for today. Buy a box of those thin latex disposable gloves at your local
drug store. They will save the skin on your hands. I always keep a box
of those and a box of dsposable dust masks in the house at all times.
"Doc"

--- Begin Message --- Today is so pretty - sunny, 67 degrees, slight breeze. Nice to be on
DLST again. Got the 232 pulled out of the Gremlin. DOES ANYONE WANT
IT? The engine + transmission is together. It is loaded in the back
of my Chevy S-10, so if anyone is interested in it - FREE - you can
pick it up...let me know ASAP. Located in Montgomery, Alabama. I was
told that the only thing wrong with it was that the starter died. The
crank does turn with hand pressure, so the engine is not locked up.
If noone contacts me in a couple of days, the engine is going to the
junkyard - hopefully in exchange for other parts that I need for the
changes I want to make in this car. In addition to pulling the
engine, I have sanded, prepped, and painted the oil pan, timing chain
cover, oil pump housing, V8 crossmember, and transmission
crossmember. Cleaned the vibration dampener, flex plate, and various
bolts. Started on cleaning the engine bay. I never realized how much
dirt and crud builds up on various parts under the hood! Initially, I
actually used a scraper to get off the build up. Still more scrubbing
to do. Time to let my cracked fingers heal and have a Michelob! -Lu-

--- End Message ---