Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: AMC Forum--What happened??

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: AMC Forum--What happened??

The owner of a model group I belong to out of the clear blue posted that
he is not able to be on line and has family problems. He is a good
friend and never mentioned any problem to me. We speak on the MSN
Messsenger 2-3 times a week before he goes to work at 4:30am. I think it
is just another on of those April Fools day things. Maybe tomorrow
everything will be back to normal.
"Doc"

--- Begin Message ---
Re: AMC Forum--What happened??---Say it ain't so, Joe.I've been getting a barrage of emails and calls about this today, and put together this 'form letter' reply which was supposed to go to one fellow but then I just started mailing it out to anyone who wrote asking where is the forum:
==================================
I thought the amc forum was a yabb site which is free? He might be playing a
joke, but my website for instance costs me about $20 a month to host, and it
is huge, about 250gigs if I remember right, in other words, rather large.
compared to the forum site. I really don't see how the sale of some window
stickers would affect the website either, as think about it, if it is a paid
website for say, $20 a month, that is $240 a year, and that is well, chicken
feed, vut I also understand fully how one might have to alter their
priorities in a economy like this, like I was in jail recently for something
really miniscule, but it still costed me so had to juggle finances being
unemployed.

I was originally going to write thi sletter only to fl-javelin, but then got
hit with a shitload of other emails from people who obviously were concerned
(like I am) that Fran had went the way of AMC. I hope that is not the case
either, as he provided a awesome service to the hobby, and as many of you
know the forum had become the place to be for amc on the internet, swelling
towards 1500 members, not a easy feat. And no, fl-javelin, you don't look
like a fool for panicing about this, I think your, mine, and everyone's else
concerns are valid, and we all enjoy the forum and what it brings to the
hobby.

If Fran was having trouble financing it, sales of window stickers would not
do it, as while it is easy for people to email or post 'count me in!' it is
another thing altogether for those to back up words with deeds and send in
their money! Sort of like some of the cyber bench racing we saw on there,
everyone has a 4 second Gremlin, but come race day, uh, we forgot to bring
it to the track! So if it was financial, all Fran would have had to do is
simply ask for donations. It would be the same thing that Colin did on the
amxfiles when it switched servers over a year ago, suddenly it went from a
free server/host at University of Texas NW of me in Austin, to another host
and that would incur costs. So he simpyl asked for donations, of which
people sent in money. I sent in $20 myself, and Colin mentioned that he had
received enough money to host the site for 2-3 years, nice feat. I left in
July 2003 however, so no mo money from me! But if Fran needed money for the
site, all he had to do was ask, as people would step up to the plate, as the
forum has about 800-900 more people than the files did/does, and my guess
is, that many of you who have barraged me this morning with emails asking
about the site shut down would chip in the costs of a few burritos or big
gulps to keep the site up.

Knowing Fran, he is being Fran and is probably just fucking with us all on
April Fools Day. Speaking of April Fools Day, did you know that the
Gremlin's birthday was 34 years ago today? That will make you feel really
old......

So you might want to email Fran directly with your concerns, this caught me
off guard myself this morning, as I had some forwards to post for fellow
AMCers, and only saw that annoying white screen. So hoping it ain't so, but
if it is, chances are we can get another forum cranked up somewhere, but it
is is just a April Fools Joke, and Fran is a joker, then looks like he might
have gotten a number of ya'll judging by the response ya'll have flooded me
with! Here is to hoping it is all a April Fools Joke, but if not, you can
quickly email Fran at
amcforum@xxxx also.

And as fl-javelin said:
"Keep me posted and hope to see you on the forum soon."

If I hear of anything will let ya'll all know.
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
www.planethoustonamx.com