Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2004 11:49 AM
Subject: Re: [BaadAssGremlins] package tray

Let me quickly rephrase that. If you need something and can't find it you
pay for it. Case in point is my upper door chromes that sold on ebay a few
weeks ago for $175, when I would have been happy tohave gotten $60 for the
pair. I don't want to torpedo a sale either (as someone else mentioned) but
I also deal DAILY with parts, and have for 21 years, and know what common
going rates are for a majority of items. Granted,I don't deal specifically
with Gremlin/Horn/Conc parts. However, as I mentioned, I had not one, but
TWO of these NOS in original AMC NOS boxes, both black, undrilled, from a
dealership in Carlsbad, TX, and I took them to get this, six swap meets
(this included three AMC regionals!!!) andhad them in a pile of NOS stuff,
with $50 each on them. No buyers. So I put them on ebay. Guess what? I had
to run one of them thru three times, the other one sold after the second
listing. These package trays are not rare, and you can find them at AMC
nationals and regionals for sale for cheap. And many junkyards I go to no
one buys them. That don't mena they are not desirable, but it is one of
those parts people pass up in salvage, at least here in Houston yards they
do, and have seen hundreds of them crushed thru the years due to zero
interest.

These are not hard to find and interchange with a variety of years. This is
why I have a huge vendorslist on my website. It is to give people
alternatives when looking for parts, whether hard to find, or common items.
Again, not trying to torpedo anyone's sale. I do however think the price was
more than what the going rate is nationally. I recently posted two junkyards
with Gremlins, Hornets and Concords in them on this site. A quick call would
garner one from either yard also. So my apologies to whoever it was that is
selling the item in question. I hope the sale continues as a deal is a deal,
regardless of the price. This stuff ain't getting any easier to find daily,
however, as I mentioned, both salvage yards I mentioned had over a dozen
Grem/Horn/Conc series vehicle sin them, and again, my vendors list also is
there, a free service, for those who wish to utilize it in their search for
parts.
Here are the numbers again if anyone wishes to call those salvage yards with
their requests:
Calkins Auto Salvage 505-443-3400 (NM)
Dave's Auto & Sales 704-873-8621 (NC)

Now someone go buy my complete 74 Hornet that runs, and has a package tray
in if, for $300 on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=5357&item=2470353803

And here is the interior with the end to end package tray with AC ducts:
http://i11.ebayimg..com/03/i/01/93/f4/68_1.JPG
free with purchase of car!
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX