Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: German Parts

From: "amc74hornet" <AMC74HORNET@xxxx>
Date: 2004/03/29 Mon AM 11:44:01 EST
To: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: German Parts

This German gentleman needs to direct his items towards other European AMCers i.e Swedan,Norway,Finland,England Norway and Finland for one seems to have a fairly large AMC base.
Bart
--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "lumina333" <lumina3@xxxx> wrote:
> Yes and it seemed to take forever to get the part, but he was very
> good at communication and followed the delivery thoroughly. I will
> look up his ID when I get home tonight. -Lu-
> --- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, AMC74HORNET@xxxx wrote:
> > Is this the guy you bought the parts from in Germany Lu?
> > "Doc"
> >

> > http://www.amxfiles.com/archive/show.cfm?postid=87209&row=7

What was the reason for buying the gasket from him in Germany? availability? price? also what was the shipping and time frame from order to delivery. He is trying to sell some brake rotors on the AMX files. I would think the price of shipping somthing so heavey would make them as or more expensive than if you bought them state side. One of the first things I repaired on my new Hornet was to replace the bad hatch gasket, I bought it from Kennedy American. It cost 54$ includeing shipping and I got it in 4-5 days. Of course this was somthing I needed imediately as the car sits outside and winter was almost here when I bought it. Last year I got involved in a trade through someone in Texas for  Rebel Machine Model the Texan bought it on eBay from a guy in Switzerland. I traded a 62 Chrysler 300 model for the Machine to the Texan. The Machine Model was being shipped directly to me from Switzerland. It took a month for the Machine model to arrive. I am leary about buying from over seas as I have had enough trouble with things getting lost or broken from Canada in the last few months.
"Doc"