Re: Double mint Gremmie

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Kevin" <grinding_gremlin@xxxx> wrote:
> Welp, I actually got to work on the Mint green gremmie this past weekend. I
> got the carb all hooked up just before it started to pour rain. So...if anybody is
> wondering a two barrel set up off a 1977 Jeep cherokee, Put on to a "76
> Gremlin can use the original accelerator cable off the Gremlin.....perfect.
> providing you use the hardare off the Jeep not the hardware that was on the
> Gremlin. I have yet to change over the plug for the pickup coil (because I had
> to change it before when I had the '74 motor in it...now it's back to it's original
> electrics), and also replace all the old rotton hoses. I took out the air pollution
> stuff...shhhhh don't tell. I saved the stuff in case i need to reinstal it. In
> Minnesota we have uninforced emissions laws. I'm not out to destroy the
> environment.. I just wanna have fun with my car and it just don't run right with
> all that malfunctioning air pollution junk on it......come to think of it when My
> AMC Concord was new it ran like hell too...did they ever run right with that
> stuff hooked up????
> at any rate I'm getting closer to trying to start her up. :)
> I did check to see if my '74 had posi....and the rear hubs are rusted tight. So
> much for the quick test. When things dry up around here I'm going to drag it
> out of the shed and free up the hubs to see for sure. The car is about picked
> clean of parts so after I get it outa there i may as well take what else is good
> off the car and scrap the shell. I have a '76 I pretty much stripped clean as
> well. All for a good cause..double mint gremmie is getting more complete
> every summer i work on her.
> Later! Kevin
So how long have you been working on your car? and when is the projected date of beng able to drive it? The last decent running 6 cyl were the 74's. They had no EGR valves, air pumps, cat's or that crappy I think it was Pford electroic ignition that used to knock of the dist. cap all the time. They did however have that misarable carter carb and with the 207 degree thermostat and that in block temp/vacume advance control valve, they would stall when the engine was cold even in 90 degree weather till the engine came up to operating temp. A manual choke, 180 degree thermostat, bypassing of the temp/vacume advance valve and a Holley Ecomomaster carb cured all those little problems. Also a flexi Lite fan and an Accell super coil gave me a car that got 26 miles to the gallon and still passed emissions testing. Also the addition of a B&M Trans Pack with an auxillary tranny cooler didn't hurt either.
"Doc"