Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Has anyone tried these items?

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Has anyone tried these items?

Lu,
 Those are good pieces but I would not reccommend them. One piece they say is a stainless plate so the gears don't ride on aluminum .......not a bad idea, but why would you need it if you got the housing with the nickle coating? Wouldn't that do the same thing? To really cure the poor factory oil system you need new aluminum gears. The kit I am having made has these new aluminum gears. The steel gears were a poor amc design for any performance application. You have steel gears in an aluminum housing. This is not good because you have different expansion rates at different temperatures. With the aluminum gears you have equal expansion and hold the same tolerances through out the temperature range.
 We have been running this setup in the race gremlin for years without trouble.
 Hope I haven't confused you. :o)>
 I am selling a street version of the performance oil pump kit for 100.00 I have recieved over 10 orders so far and am making 20 sets. So I only have 10 sets left of this run. I am still taking pre orders.

lumina333 <lumina3@xxxx> wrote:
If anyone has tried this oil pump part, please let me know if this
item is really all that is claims:
ViewItem&category=6755&item=2469004517

This item also:
ViewItem&category=6755&item=2468255286

I am just wondering if I should consider investing in these two
parts. Do they improve the oil circulation/filtration in the AMC V8s?
Thanks in advance for the input folks!-Lu-