Re: Unanswerable?

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Kevin" <grinding_gremlin@xxxx> wrote:
> I was reading an old Car Exchange magazine from the 1980's that was talking
> about the future collectability of the AMC Gremlin. It spoke of rare features that
> will be desirable in the future (now). Of course the 304 motor, ralley pack, the
> light weight four speed the introduced in '76, and cars with the "J-Lock"
> system. What the heck is a J-lock system?
> I have a '73 with a lot of goodies on it. If it has the J-lock system on it....what
> ever it is...that would be cool....I think.
> I'm not sure what the Ralley pack consisted of but I'm pretty sure my X has it.
> I have the slotted mags, hydraulic antena, ralley X stripe, Bucket seats w/ the
> handy release lever in the back of the seat, It has a floor shift with an odd
> selector pattern on the base. It also has the sport steering wheel, air, power
> steering, and front disc brakes. The book mentioned antisway bars with the
> ralley pack but did not notice that on my car, could be there just didn't notice it
> yet. Unfortunatly, I do not have the 304, BUMMER! oh well all the other
> creature comforts make up for it. This is the car that is next on my list for resto
> when double mint gremmie is completed. I would like to do a nice original
> resto on the X. To bad it isn't a nice Red or Maxi Blue. It's original color is
> kinda a schoolbus yellow with a red orange stripe. The seats are a funky tan
> w/ some sorta aerodecent white or silver inserts. I kind you not, it's weird. I
> even scrubbed down a corner to see it better. The seat inserts seem to be
> some sorta silvery white color. I don't think it was reapolstered it looks factory
> to me. How hard doya think that will be to find?
> At any rate If anybody knows what this J-lock thing is let me know.
> Thanks, Kevin

Never heard of the J lock thing either. Could that be that !@#$ seat belt interlock crap. I got that on both my Hornets but i was told that it was a one year thing for 74. The Yellow you have is probably code E-9 Mellow Yellow. That's the color of my original 74 but it came with a black interior. The new 74 is Orange with a tan interior with some funkey white and tan seat inserts that looks like some old fart would wear to the golf course 30 years ago. As Don Imus said in one of his albums Black is beautiful Tan is grand, but I can't repeat the rest. I say this tan crap has got to go. Black will look better with the orange body which is actually a buttersotch. It took a while to get used to the color after driveing my other yellow car for 30 years but it is growing on me. If I have it repainted It will be the same color.
"Doc"