Re: Cruses

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, twa1950@xxxx wrote:
> Doc,
> Around here Fords out number Chevy's two to one at the cruses but that
> is to be expected. We have two large Ford plants in town so there is a lot of
> Ford loyalty around here. Mopar's come in a distant third. While the cruses
> start in April they really get started after Derby day in May and go through
> the last weekend in September. You will have one every Friday, Saturday and
> Sunday with a few during the week. Most of them are in the 50 to 60 car range but
> there is usually one a week that has about 200 to 300 cars. With the grand
> daddy of them all being the one in September with close to 1500 cars. I don't
> count the fact they we have had the Street Rod National here for the last 5
> years and they are schedule to be here for at least the next 5 years. They have
> over 10,000 Street Rods for that. I am too cheap to pay the $15 to get in to see
> them but Friday and Saturday night of the meet the local clubs sponsor cruses
> and a couple of hundred of the Street Rods usually show up. It makes me feel
> good when these out of town guys with their $50,000 cars show up and tell me
> what a unique and nice Gremlin I have.
> Terry

There are 2 cruises on different nights dureing the week within a 10 mile radius of where I live. We usually go to just one of them as it is half way between where we live and where my wife works on the same road. Going to a cruse night dureing the week I have to leave early as my wife gets up at 5:45am to go to work. I usually pick her up from work and then we go there have dinner see our friends and are home by 9-9:30pm. The one night I did stay later I got a trophy with my yellow Hornet. There are usually 30-40 maybe 50 cars there. This cruise used to be 1 mile from where I live but the place it was held at closed up. My wife used to take the bus from work and meet me there. It sure will be nice to see my friends again soon when the weather warms up. I know what you mean when some of them boys with them high dollar cars admire your Gremlin. I feel the same when someone admires one of my Hornets. I have found that in the last 6-8 years that more of these car guys and magazines seems to now give us AMC guys the repect we are due instead of ridiculeing us like in the past. I have been driveing and owning AMC/Rablers since 1962 and have had my share of ridicule because of the brand of car that I choose to drive. Cars that were once the butt of jokes are now concidered in the dare to be different catagory. I guess after 42 years I have arrived. ILMAO The sad thing is I always knew I was there it's just the other fools were to blind/stupid to know it. SAY AMEN & AMC
"Doc"