Re: T bone special

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Bandit" <formula421@xxxx> wrote:
> Doc,
> Thanks for the great dash removal directions; that will speed things up alot for me. i will be sending out your Supercoil next week so watch for it. Did you get outside yesterday? It was AWESOME out.I hope your feeling better. Is the 232 in my Grem worth Anything with the Trans? I will be going V8 for sure. I gotta say I love a car that you can push around by yourself.! im going to take about 80 or so pics of my Gremlin before I start making any changes so I have a reference point for what progess i made and so I can SEE how things are hooked up.I am AMAZED how clean that '72 is...Its ALMOST untouched. To Answer your earlier question...I paid under $1000 for it. Have a great day!
> Josh

Those dashes come apart real easy. While restoing the one in the other Hornet a few years ago I had it 3/4 of the ways apart and decided to put a new heatter core in it while I had it apart. Turns out that was a good move cause the 25 year old one was just about to start leaking. Since it was so far apart I just poped the rest of it completely out to make installing the heater core easier. When I got the new Hornet last Oct. it had the heater core bypassed so that was one of the first things repaired as winter was only 4-6 weeks away. Even without removeing the dash a heater core is not a hard job. For those of you that have a later Hornet or Gremlin with a vacume controled heater control valve there is a replacement avalible from your local auto parts store that also works on Javelins too. Since I have a complete dash apart in the house with all the parts I was able to double check all the things that needed to be removed. I only went outside for 10 min. yesterday for some tools and it was beautiful. I just started my new antibiotic yesterday and was not going to press my luck on staying outside. Did you check on the seat belts yet? That would be a plus for me too besids the coil. This weekend is supposed to be decent weather wise. It appears we are a warming trend here in the northeast, but I always kept my snow tires on my cars till mid April to be on the safe side.
"Doc"