Re: Pacer Madness

There are over 10 of these I can think of. One of the most famous is Dick
Teague's own Pacer pickup truck. As hopefully all of you know he designed
the Pacer, and other AMC vehicles like Javelin, Gremlin, AMX, and went back
into the 60s/50s with GM. He passed away in 1990. But Dick's eye for design
was astonishing. This particular pickup is in another visionary's
collection. Soem of you are familiar with customizer Darryl Starbird of
Oklahoma, this is one of the vehicles in his collection I understand:
http://amcpacer.panhorst.net/images/archives/teague-pickup.jpg

http://amcpacer.panhorst.net/images/archives/truck1.jpg

http://amcpacer.panhorst.net/images/archives/truck2-t.jpg

http://amcpacer.panhorst.net/images/archives/PU-1.jpg

http://amcpacer.panhorst.net/images/archives/PU-2.jpg

For $50,000 you can haul your Gremlins in style with this custom Pacer car
hauler. Note to get inside you go thru the rear hatch. Quite a feat, but I
can't imagine how many wrecks this thing has probably caused by people
rubbernecking, it was for sale in OK:
http://amcpacer.panhorst.net/images/archives/pacercarhauler.jpg

My own Pacer custom a few years ago sold for $600, it was used in a national
television commercial for electronic tax returns, was shown in english west
of the Miss river, and also on spanish stations like Telemundo, as it was
dubbed in english and spanish. Note the car was my swap meet tow vehicle and
had been lowered, shaved and limoed. Last I heard it was for sale at a local
auction for $150:
http://amcpacer.panhorst.net/images/archives/eddiestakes78-1.jpg
http://amcpacer.panhorst.net/images/archives/eddiestakes78-2.jpg
http://amcpacer.panhorst.net/images/archives/eddiestakes78-3.jpg
http://amcpacer.panhorst.net/images/archives/eddiestakes78-4.jpg
http://amcpacer.panhorst.net/images/archives/eddiestakes78-5.jpg

And lastly, since I mentioned legendary customizer Starbird, he is really
famous for bubble top cars, this was one of his last creations about a
decade ago, the Spacer Pacer:
http://amcpacer.panhorst.net/images/archives/spacerbubble.jpg

I personally would like to see a Pacer Roadster but not sure how feasible
that would be with a Pacer frame/unibody. Happy motoring,
Eddie Stakes
www.planethoustonamx.com