Re: gremlin parts

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Robert" <bobbyd911@xxxx> wrote:
> --- Hello everyone and thanks for thr responses, I live in the
> Chicago are in Plainfield Il. I have a 76 gremlin with a 232 six
> auto trans in it. I look forwar to chatting with all of you in the
> near future.
>
> Thanks, Bob
>

> > Welcome to the group Bob. Nice score on a clean low milage car.
> What part of the country are you in. I'm right outside of N.Y. City
> and have 2 1974 Hornet Hatchbacks one since it was new, had it 30
> years last Feb and the other since last October. Even if you find a
> good grill don't throw the cracked one away, you might need it later
> or be able to sell it. I use The Plastic Welding System epoxy for
> hard plastic repair. You will like it here as there are a great
> bunch of guys and girls here with a load of know how and a passion
> for these cars. You will also find out that there are a lot of parts
> from different years of Hornet's, Gremlin's and Concords that will
> fit you Gremlin.
> > "Doc"

It's rare to find a low milage clean car anywhere in the north especially any kind of AMC. My 30 year old original Hornet has sat in the same garage for 30 years and only saw 4 N.Y. winters before I bought a winter beater. I lucked out on the new Hornet as it spent the first 24 years of it's life in Florida so it is a 99% rust free car. It's just that the heat and the suns UV rays killed the plastic on the dash and on a few other sun exposed parts. From extra parts I had and a few savable parts from the original dash and with parts from a friends Gremlin here in N.Y. and parts that Rick gave me I have all he parts I need to make a completey new dash.
"Doc"