Main Dash Frame Finally Started Yesterday

Main Dash Frame Finally Started Yesterday

A week late but better than never. I spent 3 hours while watching the NASCAR race repairing the crack in the dash above the steering post. I used the methods and materials decribed in a previous post. I also ground the area where the steering post goes through the dash for more steering column clearance. Since this is a column shift auto car the whole column turns when you put it in gear. I noticed the column rubbing the dash that is in the car now so I figured I'd cure the problem before I installed the rebuilt dash and scratch the freshly painted steering column. I only took off 1/16" with my dremil with a 3/4" barrel drum sanding wheel .I also remove a slight warp in that area also by clamping it and heating it up with a hair dryer. Today I will try to remove 2 slight warped areas in the top of the dash where it meets the windshield. And then it's on to sanding and and finish painting. The top section of the dashwill be painted with SEM and then with their semi-gloss clear. The lower sections below the crash pad will be painted with a gloss enamel. All this should take 10 days to two weeks to complete. The package tray just needs to be cleaned up and painted with SEM & cleared along with the kick panels.
"Doc"