Re: Rambler Mentality

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "lumina333" <lumina3@xxxx> wrote:
> Didn't Eddie paten that phrase? LOL....that was one of the first
> articles I read on Eddie's site, and thought about writing him to ask
> if he would sell one of those AMC dealer flags for $25 as a
> joke....figured I'd better not though since my computer is not made
> of asbestos *grin*...-Lu-
>
> > This is not a place to be useing the Rambler mentality. Pop for the
> extra 150$. You won't be sorry you did it.
> > "Doc"

I don't know who originated the term "Rambler Mentality". I some cases you can get away with it and some you cannot. In my case about the useing of good brake rotors from m son's 72 Javelin on my Hornet that have plenty of meat on them and just need to be turned is ok versus 100$ a peice for new ones. On some other things it is just palin stupid. One case of "Rambler Mentality" that I saw on the AMX files a few years ago was someone (I won't mention his name even though he is not on this list) was looking for a used windshield wiper washer pump. I had a working used one that I could have sold him for 10$ add 3-4$ for shipping. Why? I bought a new one for 18$ includeing tax which is why I had the old one. The used one might have lasted a week a month or a year. Why buy used when a cheap new one is available ? The pumps are the same as the ones used in Mopar's.
"Doc"