Re: Where the "goodies" are...in Virginia, anyway...( Hornet, Javelin )

Re: Where the "goodies" are...in Virginia, anyway...( Hornet, Javelin ) diecasts

>> i've only been able to find the American Glory
>>version not the Bond or Monopoly version :( where
>>ya finding all these goodies Jer??
Bart

Mostly at this triumvirate - Target, Wal-mart, and
Toys R Us. Kay-Bee toys is a distant 4th, most older
models

Quick rundown on model availability in my area -

HORNET

James Bond Hornet ( red ) - pretty much non-existent
since early 2003, but I DID just buy two more at the
Kay-Bee discount toy chain at the mall, got lucky one
night recently. But they've pretty much dried up and
gone now.

Monopoly Hornet - Found quite a few right before
Christmas, but they're drying up too.

American Glory Hornet - pretty gone, too. A few here
and there.

Christmas JL Hornet ornament ( gold/bronze ) - Seen
PLENTY of these on the pegs, still 3 months after
Xmas! Wal-mart seems to have alot of them left over,
and some at Targets, too.

2-pack Hornet and ? , SPiderman and Hulk - This came
out a year ago, and they've pretty much gone now. See
one occasionally. White and orange Hornet with
spiderman graphics, $8 for the 2 car set.

JAVELIN

68 Javelin , gold - Still see alot of them, one Toys
R Us has about 15 of them on the pegs! Wow. Otherwise,
here and there. I have enough now. :)

69 Javelin, bronze - Just coming out and available in
Virginia, so far mostly Target and Toys R Us for the 3
I've found.

METROPOLITAN

For those of you interested in the lil Austin powered
cutey, it's been out a few months since XMas, I've
found only 5 so far by JL. Turquoise and white only,
hardtop.

Muscle Machines has had some of the wild Metro's, so
far they have a red/white, yellow/white,
red/white/blue, all with big engine and blower thru
the hood. Recent release of two more WITHOUT big
motor, just plain hood, is an orange/white, and
chartruese/white ( pinkish-purple for those
color-blind ). Find these generally at Wal-mart or
Target. Only in Hardtop

NEW! 1/18th scale Metropolitan JUST released by
American Muscle, I think. Pricey at $49 ( seen prices
around $35, too ). NICE detailing, though. Red and
white hardtop. COnvertible to come.

Well, that completes my diecast update, hope you
enjoyed it.

Jerry Casper

=====