Re: [BaadAssGremlins] question

That is what I was thinking about with the speedometer. If the inside of the cable isn't moving then it has to be the either the gear on the cable not the right one or there something inside the transmission. I think you said you got a new cable for it. I am sure you have done all these things but what I would do is I would disconnect the cable from the speedometer and drive the car and see if the cable is turning. Just up the driveway should tell you. If it is not moving Iwould disconnect it from the transmission and turn it by hand to see if the inside of the cable moves. If it does then it has to be the gear is to little or the transmission. The only other thing I could think of is the cable is too short. If it was a little to short I guess it could slip out of the hole in the back end of the speedometer after you screwed the outer cableon.  If you are sure the gear matches, the cable in not broken, the usual cause of speedometers not working, and the speedometer itself is good I am out of suggestions if the inside cable is long enough.  The only thing I can think of is the outside cable is kinked but if was kinked that much the inside cable would break I would think.
Terry