Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Oil filters

Ed Veneck <edveneck@xxxx> wrote:

I would cut one apart and take a lokk inside the next
time you change oil.
Everytime I change oil on my aircraft engine, I always
cut the filter apart and examine it for signs (metal
filing)of engine breakdown.  I also try do do this at
least once a year on my daily driven cars.  It only
takes about 30 minutes and it is time well spend.
Ed

Ed,

 Been there done that. We cut up every oil filter for inspection. Have not had a problem using our new modified oil pump kit, fram HP2 filter and penzoil 20/50.

 Davis