Good AMC day at the Toy Show locally...

 I noticed a small sign for a Toy show at a
firehouse while out and about yesterday, so went back
today to check it out. Wonderful! Lots of old and new
stuff, I got a bagful of goodies. Got two magazines
called " Toy Cars and Models " with a 2-page article
on Gremlin toys and models, both plastic kits and
diecasts. Bonus article on the Nash Metropolitan. I
have an extra copy , it's a June 2003 edition, if
anyone wants it for $5 plus shipping. Other articles
include special Mopar issue articles, Lil Red Express
truck, '49 Desoto station wagon ( on cover ), and
Hotwheels spotlight on models, plus more.
Other stuff I got at the show was a Javelin AMX
slot car, #3, red/white/blue, for $30. Plenty of AMC
slot cars, no Gremlins unfortunately, but Matadors,
AMXs, and Javelins aplenty, but of course prices were
, uh, pricey. I guess maybe not unreasonable. Saw a
red Gen 1 AMX for $60, rare color I think. I didn't
have the money to spend on that.
Another find was one vendor had a bucket of old
hotwheels in bags, and I saw at LEAST 20 Warpaths, the
AMX II car, but he was HIGH, most started at $20, and
went up to $60 ( yikes! ). I didn't buy any from him,
needless to say. They were all in at least 7 condition
or better, so they weren't beaters, but still. Whew!
I bought 3 beaters for $1 each, a HW motorcycle
called Chop Suey, a Ford Ranchero? type vehicle, and
an airport shuttle truck for my HO train airport
layout module. I rounded out my purchases with some
train stuff, an HO trolley and some N gauge rolling
stock and miniature autos, too. I think I probably
spent close to $80 total, but it was a good haul.
I then went to Target on the way home, and found a
'69 Javelin. That was it, headed home to watch Dale
Jr. win the Atlanta race. A pretty good weekend,
toy-wise.

Jerry Casper