Sent: Friday, March 12, 2004 6:07 AM
Subject: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: My grem

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Plumpy72@A... wrote:
> In a message dated 3/12/2004 3:21:57 AM Central Standard Time,
> amc74hornet@y... writes:
> Isn't the vin. no# on the dash? I believe there is also a permenant vin. no#
> stamped in the front drivers side frame horn, but you will have to removethe
> steering box to see it.
> I've had mine down to the bare metal and there is no other vin number other
> than the one on the dash.
>
> Rick

That's strange, if there was no permenant vin. no# all you have to do to legally register a stolen car or a car is to swap the dash tag. I know someone with a 70 Donahue that is rusted beyond repair and he is looking for a good shell to build a retaged one. I have no complaints about retagging a car with no tile to save it as some states make getting a new title a liveing hell. But I don't go for retagging a car and passing it off as a high dollar original and not the clone it is. Luckilyfor me my new Hornet that came originally from Florida had been registered and driven in N.Y. for 6 years by 2 previous owners.
"Doc"