Re: One More Time

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "amc74hornet" <amc74hornet@xxxx> wrote:
> Today I will mask and re-paint the silver edge on the inst. panel that I messed up while makeing the tac bracket last week. It took 3 hours to sand it smooth again yesterday. Today I will mask it up again and spray it. It is going to be harder to mask up this time as I have already installed the inst. lenses and the Wiper/headlight panel. This is the last detail part to paint for the dash. Everything else is just straight black. I need to get away from this detail work as it is mentally burning me out and get some grease and dirt under my finger nails. That should happen saturday when I have to work on my son's Javelin.
> "Doc"

What a pain to re-paint this silver edge. It took all morning by the time masked it up and painted it. I let it sit 2 hours to dry and removed the paper and tape to find a 99.9% perfect job. I just have to compound off one tiny over spray mark this morning. I also was prepping the glove box door hinge for paint this morning and realized why the door did not close or line up properly. The hinge is bent. How do you bend a glove box door hinge? I have owned my yellow Hornet for 30 years and haven't had to fix 1/10 of the multitude of little problems this car has. It may be a clean body but it must have been abused under that nice clean body. I'll straighten the hinge this morning and paint that. I also have to strip the metal part of the glove box door today and get that ready for paint. Saturday starts the big project, the dash frame Rick sent me. I will attempt to remove a little minor warping on the top by the windshield by gentely clamping it to a piece of 1 1/2" wooden balister and heat it with a hair dryer. It also has a minor crack above the steering post, which is a quick fix with the Plastic Welding System Epoxy. The top of the dash has a simulated vinal texture which I will paint with SEM and clear cote it with the SEM semi gloss. The bottom of the dash I will paint with Plasticote primer and top coted it with Sherman Williams gloss black enamel. I still have the package tray to do and the gauge pod for a middle of April installation. I have to see about going to the Dr. again as I think I have bronkitus again. I just got over it 2 weeks ago. Later
"Doc"