Re: [BaadAssGremlins] American Motors Corp

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] American Motors Corp

That is nice and dandy however, it looks like a abandoned warehouse for
headquarters. And I never saw a actual vehicle on the website either, maybe
I didn't look thru all the files. Funny they list the vehicle powered by a
Hemi. If I recall, the trademark 'american motors' expired and someone in
California scooped it up quickly.
http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=9e2bgl.2.2

I don't know if the attorney is related to AMX Connection's David Simon:
http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=9e2bgl.2.1
However, Chrysler is very protective of their names and copyrights and
trademarks I guarantee you. I don't think anyone on this list has ever
gotten a nasty 'cease and desist' letter from Chrysler for reproducing a
item. They have a gaggle of lawyers just sitting around waiting for someone
to use the name Nash, or Plymouth, or other names they own rights to. Been
there done that, and that was in 1989!

This is the US Government Trademark office, simply click on the link below
then punch in American Motors and watch it light up. Note how many American
Motors logos you will recognize that are 'dead' and the dates they were
filed, like the old style circle 'american motors corp' one in 1965!
http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/gate.exe?f=searchss&state=9e2bgl.1.1

I would guess Nissan would have issues with the Titan name also:

http://www.autointell.com/asian_companies/nissan/nissan-titan/nissan-titan-03.htm

Of course, I'm sure you would have these Africans hoppin mad too using the
term 'AMC', with all due respect to Jerry & crew at American Performance
where their slogan is 'AMC Lives', yes, AMC still lives in Johannesburg, SA:
http://www.amc.co.za/

So who knows, the water is muddy. I think it is a abandoned website, might
be a scam just wanting investors, or could be a money laundry. But I really
would like to see some of the actual vehicles, not just descriptions on how
they might be built. Maybe it is from the Preston Tucker school of auto
manufacturing! Thanks for the link, quite facinating.
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston aMX
www.planethoustonamx.com