Re: Other Interior Parts Needed

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Davis Martin <martin-davis@xxxx> wrote:

> Doc,
> Yes I plan on going to the meeting. Did I mention that I have a 72 TSM and it says that the seats from a javelin are the same?
> I will keep an eye and ear out for the rear pannels.
> Davis
> amc74hornet <amc74hornet@xxxx> wrote:
> Davis are you going to the CAMO meeting March 14th? If so could you see if anyone there (maybe Joe Willcox) has any Hornet/Gremlin bucket seats? preferably black but any color will really do as they will probably have to be recovered anyway. The other parts I need are the plastic corner pieces that go in the very back of the Hatchback trunk area on each side behind the tail lights, color is unimportant.
> "Doc"

My son has a 72 Javelin SST with factory buckets and they are not the same. Both his 72 & 74 have a hard plastic seat back were as the Hornets and Gremlins of at least 74 and never have an upolstersed back which is thinner than the Javelins with the plastic back. The track mounting studs are in a different position also. To install Javelin seats in a Hornet you need the mounting tracks off 2 bench seats to install the Javelin seats or you have to drill different mounting holes in the floor to mount the Javelin seats with Javelin tracks. I asked this Javelin seat in a Hornet question a while back on the AMX files and I got 2 responces, one used the tracks from 2 Hornet bench seats to mount Javelin seats in his Hornet in the stock holes and the other guy just drilled new mounting holes. My son may be parting out his 74 Javelin and has offered me the seats out of it. I will take then but really like the slimmer Hornet/Gremlin style seats. The seats will be the last thing that goes in the car to finish the interior which should take me 2-3 months after I get the rebuilt dash in the car by the middle of April.
"Doc"