Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Damage Assessment

Great work, Lu. Kinda felt good didn't it? Did ya get a feeling of accomplishment, kinda like a rush, when it finally turned over. Just wait......it feels even better when it goes back together. I for one can relate to the feelings associated to the engines first rumble.

While my engine was still on the stand, I primed the oil pump using anelectric drill attached to a gutted distributor.  I let it spin until oil was pumping out of every push rod onto the rocker arms.

Once the engine was installed I added some makeshift exhaustpipes (without mufflers) and prepared to give it a try. First, I spunit over to get fuel up to the carb. Once I knew for sure the four barrel was primed, I connected a hot wire to the coil. I barely touched the screwdriver to the solenoid and the engine roared to life. The rush was unbelievable...........

Anyone else been there, done that?

Temps are in the mid seventies tomorrow. I think I'll fire it up againjust to hear it run.

Rick