From: "amc74hornet" <amc74hornet@xxxx>
To: <BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, March 04, 2004 2:47 AM
Subject: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Re Under Package Tray Gauge Pod Question

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, <eddiestakes@xxxx> wrote:
> Hi Doc, the small four gauge Rally Pack first appeared in late 1975; two
> different setups, one is temp, oil, amp and clock, the other is temp, oil,
> amp and vacuum. These were used in a wide variety of AMC models from
Pacer,
> Gremlin, Hornet, Concord, Spirit. Matador also had a Rally Pack but that
> consisted of two Stewart Warner gauges, oil and amp, in the clock position
> to the right of the speedo where the clock, or delete plate would be, not
> under the dash like other models.
>
> The end ot end package tray mentioned here I believe was first introduced
in
> 1971. There are AC and non AC trays, really easy to install under dash and
> again, stretch end to end. A 72 Hornet I had two years ago had this neat
> feature (great for tool booth change, smokes, pens, cell phone, whatever,
> just chunk it down there has a really good capacity for weight) and the 74
> Hornet Sportabout DL wagon I have for sale also has one, as does my 74
> Gremlin X. Just a few years ago I had three NOS charcoal/black package
trays
> in stock, sold each for $75 a unit in original long AMC box.
>
> If no one wants the gauges, send them to me and I'll trade you something
or
> another I might have in stock you may need for your Hornet or other AMC
> stuff of equal value.
> Take care,
> Eddie Stakes'
> Planet Houston AMX
> www.planethoustonamx.com

What would you think the gauges and face plate alone are worth Eddie? Like I
say I don't know if they work. Everything looks intact. I wonder if there is
a seperate wireing harness added to theses cars when the gauges are
installed or if it is built into the standard wireing harness? The gauges
themselves have a pigtail with a rectangular plug on the end to plug into
the car. I think this is a slick looking design and should look real nice
with some Autometer gauges in it to match the tac I am putting in place of
the clock.
"Doc"