Re: Under Package Tray Question

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "lumina333" <lumina3@xxxx> wrote:
> I wish my Gremlin had come with a tray of any kind. It had (I assume)
> a dealer installed A/C package added to it, although it was listed on
> the invoice (?) - it was a hanging type of A/C unit with 2 squirrel
> cage fans on the back, vents and controls on the front. It was
> suspended from underneath the dash by metal brackets. Since I have
> removed this from my car, I am thinking of adding a tray now. Are
> they difficult to remove from the car? I will check out the junkyard
> Gremlins around here for availability. BTW, anyone want the hanging
> A/C unit?
> ****************
> Eddie wrote:
> End to end package tray mentioned here I believe was first introduced
> in 1971. There are AC and non AC trays, really easy to install under
> dash and again, stretch end to end. A 72 Hornet I had two years ago
> had this neat feature (great for tool booth change, smokes, pens,
> cell phone, whatever, just chunk it down there has a really good
> capacity for weight) and the 74 Hornet Sportabout DL wagon I have for
> sale also has one, as does my 74 Gremlin X. Just a few years ago I
> had three NOS charcoal/black package trays in stock, sold each for
> $75 a unit in original long AMC box.

There are 2 screws on each end of the package that screw through the kick panels into the door pillar. Also there are 2 more screws or rivets that attach to metal brackets that screw to the inside of the firewall. One is just to the right of the steering column and the other is just below the left side of the glove box door. However these brackets are attached make sure you get them as they support the center of the package tray.
"Doc"