Tweeking Again & A Tip

I drilled the holes in the virgin pass door to mount the mirror. Boy the new 18 volt drill I bought yesterday works great. I then took the mirror off and went to glue the glass in and it was just a tic off and wouldn't quite fit flat in the mountig plate. I took it back to the glass shop and they wizzwed the edge down a hair to fit properly in 2 min. I also discovered that it was a good thing that the glass didn't fit. While I was there I asked the owner what kind of glue to use on it he wasen't there yesterday. It appeared to be glued in at the factory with a black silicone sealer like GE. I bought a new tube of black GE yesterday. He said that on replacement made mirrors that you could only use a clear silicone sealer to glue the glass in as one that had any color in it the pigment would eat the mirror coating off the back of the glass and black spots would appear in the mirror. I have seen mirrors over the years with ugly black spots in them and never knew what caused them, now I know. The owner of the glass shop asked what kind of car the mirror was for so I showed him as I had it out for a drive. He thought it was a real clean car. I am going to install the glass in the mirror off the car in the houuse today as it is easier and besides 45 degrees is to cold for the silicone to set outside. The glass shop owner also said not to use any kind of crazy glue as it too eats away the mirror coating on the back of the glass. So after 6 weeks of this and that tomorrow I will finally have a pass side door mirror on the new car. At this rate I will be dead & buried before I just make a nice daily driver/cruiser out of it. Also I am going to lunch with an AMC friend today that used a vacume wiper trans with the vacume motor mounting plate with a Hornet electric wiper motor in a 70 Javelin. Right now he only has the drivers side wiper working as he lost the Jesus clip to hook up the pass side trans arms. Later all I am going out to enjoy a friends company for lunch and also the nice sunny weather as it is going to rain on and off for the next few days. Better rain than snow in my opinion.
"Doc"