Re: Lu's Engine

But how can I get to all the bolts if the torque converter is frozen?
Do I wedge the tool between the flex plate and the converter? Will it
fit?

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Bandit" <formula421@xxxx>
wrote:
> Lu,
> Try to find a combination wrench that fits the torque converter
bolts; see if you have one with a bit of an offset.
> Put the closed end of the wrench on a torque converter bolt, make
sure is on good and tap the wrench with a hammer in the
counterclockwise direction to loosen the bolt. Use this method until
you have all three loose. You may have to keep some tension on the
lower on the wrench with your fingers while you tap it up higher on
the wrench. This has worked for me...but if you try it, take your
time and watch the fingers!