Re: Progress on the 72 engine

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Davis Martin <martin-davis@xxxx> wrote:
> It is similar, but it will be both. The one with the spacer will be hi volume and a Milodon deep sump pan will be reccomended. The other will be higher pressure and better because the gears will be made of aluminum instead of steel. As you know the 2 metals expand at different rates as they heat up. With the gears being the same material as the housing you don't have that issue anymore. There is a guy fixing timming covers by resleaving them with SS incerts but that's not a good idea for that same reason. The incert is incerted in aluminum. Following this?
> So anyway hope I answered your question Doc.
> All questions will be answered about this system. Also I am going to offer this to the other venders like Bull Tear, But you guys will get the first offer :o)>
> Davis
>
> amc74hornet <amc74hornet@xxxx> wrote:
> --- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Davis" <martin-davis@xxxx> wrote:
> > ok I posted some more pics. Still can't figure out how to get them
> > into my folder sorry Bart.
> > Yesterday got the heads on and torked them using the specs from the
> > PAS book. Then put the rest of the valvetrane together to find that 2
> > of the 7/16 stud holes were stripped! %$#%$*&(&^&^%^$$%#%$#%$@^&%&^!!
> > Calmed down, wet to napa and got a helicoil kit and fixed them.
> > Finished the valve trane. today it's time to put the temporary oil
> > pump together and install the timming cover.
> > I say temporary cause I am going into production soon for a revised
> > oil pump system. I plan to market them to improve the system.
> > Bill Hallock, Owner of the AMC Team gremlin designed the system. He
> > has been building amc's for over 30 years. He is the senior engineer
> > at his company. The kit will increase oil flow volume and pressure.
> > It will come with New Improved ALUMINUM gears and a special spacer
> > plate, along with directions. Bill had developed this system and
> > proven it over the passed 15 years. He runs his engine up to 7400
> > rpms and runs 70 LBS of oil pressure at idle. He does not have the
> > Lifter valley mod as it is not needed with the improved oil pump.
> > Price has not been set yet we are still putting it all together for
> > KIT resale.
> > Thanks,
> > Davis
>
> Is this a high volume or high pressure setup on the oil pump. With the spacer it sounds like one of those TRW high volume pumps that were sold in the late 70's and 80's. You have to be carefull with a high volume pump as it may drain the oil pan of oil and then starve itself since the oil cannot get back into the pan fast enough.
> "Doc"

I agree about the stainless sleeves in the front cover with different expansion rates. One more question. Will you be offering different bypass spring rates to regulate the oil pressure? To much oil pressure is as bad as not enough as it erodes the main bearings. I know I know I am an old pain in the a$$ but I got to ask. Sorry.
"Doc"