Re: gm steering column, It'll fit.

I'm all for interchanges. A tilt column for 68-69 AMX or Javelin will set
you back $300/cheap to $450/high. A 70-74 AMX/Javelin tilt will set you back
$150/cheap to $400/high. Why? The cars are headed towards 40 years old and
if you look in my "production" file on my website, you will see just how few
people opted for a tilt column. Same with factory AM/FM radios. Same with
passenger side mirrors. Same with Rally Pack. A "used" Rally Pack with AC
for 70 AMX will set you back a cool $4000.00. That is four thousand dollars
for a overlay with gauges. Those with Rambler Mentality run screaming like
Howard Dean in Iowa, those who have the money will say "how many do you
have?" Think about it, 4116 70 AMXs made, about 300-400 left, less than 1%
of them came with that option. Too rich for my blood for $4000, they can
have my 74 Hornet Sportabout, 79 Concord DL, 71 Matador with 14K miles and I
might throw in a 74 Matador coupe!! It's as they say at Neverland Ranch:
"it;s what seperates the men from the boys" Ugh!

This is the reason why I have a huge vendors list on my website, I
**ENCOURAGE**
people to shop around for the best price! But the biggest mistake anyone who
wishes to fix up a AMC in 2004 and beyond will make it thinking that just
because they paid $500 for the car that they will be able to pay 1972 or
whatever year prices for those items! You must realize there is a infinite
number of parts cars left. And parts. A majority of the NOS stuff has long
since dried up. I cover this a number of times on my website.What is out
there is simply...........out there. And I even walk around without a arm
and a leg and other body parts sometimes when forced to bite the bullet on
something I simply need. And as time goes on....there will be less and less
manufactures making some of the items we need like suspension parts for
instance. A good 90% of the parts on our cars will never be reproduced from
glass, chrome, sheetmetal, bumpers the list can get really large! Luckily
AMC was the kings of interchanges so many parts do interchange like
Gremlin/Hornet/Concord/Spirit/Eagle Series for instance!

But I am all for budgets, and all for interchanges, if anyone here
experiments and finds out something will interchange, by all means, share it
with the rest of us! Maybe Bart can create a file to stash that info on his
site here also! Good luck with the GM conversion, hope it turns out.
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston aMX
www.planethoustonamx.com