Re: Another Dash Part Needed

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Plumpy72@xxxx wrote:
> In a message dated 2/16/2004 5:40:03 AM Central Standard Time,
> amc74hornet@xxxx writes:
> Thanks for the radio delete plate. I have never seen a car with a vent delete
> plate, was that on non A/C cars?
> I have no idea why anyone would have an air vent deleted. Even without A/C,
> it would still be useful for the heater. I have never seen one in use but I
> have two of them. At least the radio delete plate could be used for a place to
> mount some small guages. I don't think the vent delete would be big enough for
> anything like that.
>
> We are finally having a break in the weather down here. Yesterday, the sun
> was so bright it gave me a headache. It looks like we will have temps going up
> around 70 by the end of the week with a beautiful weekend in store for us all.
> The rain over the last week has turned the ground to mush. If the weatherman
> is correct, maybe I'll be able to paint my dash pieces. The five day forecast
> is showing clear skies.
>
> Maybe the severe cold will start to ease up in your area soon.
>
> Catch ya later........
>
> Rick

About the only thing you could mount in the vent delete plate is maybe a couple of toggle switches. If you don't have A/C there are no vents in the package tray and with a vent delete the only place for heat to come from is under the dash in the middle. It has been a heat wave here for the last 4-5 days with a daily high of 30-40 till it went back down into the 20's for a high yesterday. At least we havent had any freezing rain or snow the last 7-10 days but that will change by wed. evening, they say flurries but that usually means blizzard. Although they say friday will be in the high 40's. I am basicly working on interior parts in the house and only go out for errands. Spring can't come soon enough for me.
"Doc"