Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: 360 Cylinder Heads

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: 360 Cylinder Heads

ALL 304, 360. and 401 came with dogleg heads. 360 and 401 came with 2.025 intake and 1.68 exhaust valves. The 304 came with smaller valves.
 1970 the 390 and 360 came with part# 3196291-c dog leg heads. These heads have 50.6cc combustion chamber. The later heads have 58cc combustion chambers. also up to 73 all dogleg heads came with adjustable style stud mont rocker arms. In 74 they switched to the non adjustable bridged style rockers.
 This is a brief lesson on the dogleg heads. The 70-73 are desireable because you can put roller rockers on with no modifications. The performance minded like the 291-c heads because of the smaller combustion chamber which boosts compression.
 Hope this helps.
 Davis

amc74hornet <amc74hornet@xxxx> wrote:
--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "lumina333" <lumina3@xxxx> wrote:
> How do you identify the dogleg exhaust port head style? What years,
> cars, casting numbers, etc?

I thought all 360's after 70 or was it 71 had dog leg exhaust ports. The main difference being the change in rocker style in the mid 70's.
"Doc"