Re: Black interior questions

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "deezildennis" <dsinks@xxxx> wrote:
> Ok Im painting my tan interior black. On the plastic parts should I
> just use spray paint and then use vynl paint on the dash pad?
>
> Should all of it be semi flat black? or should I gloss it all?
>
> I seen the pics of donnys 74 gremmie in hemming and it looked like
> the general dash was semi flat or flat and the crash pad was gloss
> black.
>
> Also what color is the headliner in a black car? I assumed it was
> black but I just want to make sure.

I use SEM spray paint it is for vinal and plastic. There is a vinal cleaner to use when you use it on vinal and a self etching cleaner when you use it on plastic. There is also a semi-gloss clear you can use over it. I used this product on my other Hornet's plastic parts and on the sun visors on the new Hornet. The reason most crash pads look glossy is that people use Armor All or some vinal protector on them. All the black interiors I have ever seen have had black headliners. I buy my SEM paint from Easteood Restoration as they have the best prices. I to am changeing my interior in the new Hornet from a tan one to a black one. I will not have to dye the crash pad as the one in the car is trashed by the sun and I have a nice black one Rick gave me. I will have to do somthing with the plastic top of the dash as it is warped and cracked by the sun before I install the new crash pad and repainted plastic dash parts. I like gloss so all my parts are painted gloss black.
"Doc"