New 401

Dennis it sounds like you did real well with the 401. The 401 I got
I was told that it was in good condition. When I took it apart to
check it out I found that there was some water that sat in one cly.
I had to have it sleeved. I paid $600.00 for the engine. I had it
sleeved, bored 30 over., line honed, decked, new race cam, new
flattop forged pistons, balanced, new lifters, magnafluxed, new
timing chain( true rollor ). The price for all that was $2475.00. I
still need to have a valve job done. So if you only paid $1000.00
for a running 401 thank your lucky stars. I did do some extras with
my motor once it was opened up HeHeHe. My son has a 1966 Pontiac
Lamanns. It came with a 350 in it. He heard I was going to put the
401 in the Gremlin so he pulled the 350 and put in a 455. I think he
is scared that my Gremlin will whooop his butt. He ran last fall and
got a 12.88 top run. I know I can beat him. Time will tell. See Ya
for now. Mark