Re: Another Dash Part Started Today

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, themixtoo@xxxx wrote:
> Doc, I noticed that you have painted this dash piece with gloss black paint.
> What method do you use to get the 'original' matte look to this after it's
> complete?
> 'The Mix'

I prefer the gloss look over the semi-gloss or flat matt look. If you are looking for the other looks, paint the part with primer then gloss and then clear cote the part after painting within 20 miniutes with a flat or semi gloss clear. The gloss paint has more body (Pigment & holds up bettter under UV rays) and when you put whatever clear, semi or flat over the gloss it will bond to it and not peel off leaveing gloss spots since it is not dry yet and will bond as one. No matter what finish you use when you hit it with Armorall or any vinal treatment near the upholstery it will turn glossy to some extent.
"Doc"