Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Gremlin VIN (was: Got My Gremlin Last night)

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Gremlin VIN (was: Got My Gremlin Last night)

LOL!!!  I came home and seen all these replys I was like wow!!!!

Then I noticed it was a hijack. LOL!!
O well. At least Im happy I got my car :)

Eddie Stakes <eddiestakes@xxxx> wrote:
Hi Davis, how about posting your complete VIN here if you would. It is my
understanding (could be wrong, been wrong before) that all the Randall
vehicles started their lives out as 304 cars, therefore were "H" VIN/7th
digit to begin with in Kenosha. Like many vehicles AMC sent out to have
"modified" (convertibles, ss/amx, trans am jav, griffiths and so on) they
were then sent to a location whereas they were modified, such as the
Griffith Eagles and Concords below in the ad.

However, I have seen some strange crap in my time, like the Gremlin
prototype that was here on a used car lot for $2500 for instance that came
from a NY museum, and I didn't buy it, hell, none of the locals bought it,
little hindsight I guess.

Either way, I have some strange stuff on my website people said didn't exist
either,
http://www.planethoustonamx.com/parts%20&%20Literature/VIN%20numbers%2055-96
.htm

That is the "decoding the VIN" file, check out the two or three stranges
ones I have had so called 'AMC Historians' all up my pooper thru the years
claiming aMC "NEVER" dis stuff like this, so have to prove it to those
'doubting thomases' no pun intended! If the link above don't hit, try this
for the whole file:
http://www.planethoustonamx.com/parts%20&%20Literature/bodyParts.htm

Either way, a digital photo of the VIN usually shuts people up real quick!
Good luck with your car, am interested to see what it is just exactly you
have. Gotta go, ya'll have a Great Super Bowl!
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
www.planethoustonamx.com
Not a official Super Bowl Sponsor
nor can afford tickets to event 18 miles away :~P