Re: Finally Got the darn A/C compressor off!

Re: Finally Got the darn A/C compressor off!

I plan to junk the 232 6 cylinder and replace it with a V8, so the
parts that I am removing from it, I could really care less about
keeping them. The car was evaluated and deemed to be save-able, so I
am venturing on with restoring it. Right now I am in a 'holding
pattern' until my friend loans me his hoist to get the engine out (he
is using it right now to replace the engine in his truck). So I am
looking for other things to do on the car until he can help me.
Taking the doors off and sanding them seems like a good next step, as
I have a bad feeling that the driver's door may or may not be useable
(the window weatherstrips are gone and H2O damage has occurred). So I
hope this clarifies my ramblings about what I have/have not done on
the Grem. -Lu-
--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, <badass73gremlin@xxxx> wrote:
> So what are you plans with your good Gremlin?V8?6?if your keeping
the 6 just remove the whole engine and trans if you take lil parts
off here and thre your pissing in the wind and will end up losing
stuff set her up on jackstands 'on a secure platform of course'and
remove the brakes and clean up the underside real good with a
pressure washer then you can truly see the extent of any rot or
damage pretty good.