Re: [BaadAssGremlins] keep the 904 or get a th400? or 727?

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] keep the 904 or get a th400? or 727?

In a message dated 1/26/2004 6:14:26 PM Central Standard Time, themixtoo@xxxx writes:

Just a thought for everybody.  One of our club members up here in Cleveland has a 401 Gremmie with a Turbo400. He reminded me that even though the trans is good and bolts to the 401, it took quite a bit of firewall modification to get that thing in a Gremlin,

I have a Turbo-400 behind the 401 in my '72 Gremlin. It went in without anymodification to the trans tunnel or the fire wall. In the past, I have also used a Pontiac/GM Turbo-400 with an adapter plate in a Gremlin.......still without modification. The first time I used a Turbo-400, I used the factory column shift. This time I went with a Lokar floor shift.

Rick